The Parish of St. Anne was founded in 1852. Initially Mass was celebrated in a local parishioner's home by Rev. V. Someraisen, who served the parish from 1852-1860. The early priests who served our parish resided in neighboring towns. In 1859 planning began to build a church. Our first church was completed in 1864 located on North Main Street and Dakota Street. April 2, 1880 our first resident pastor, Fr. Maximillan Wurst was appoint for St Anne’s Church. In 1882 St. Anne’s parochial school opened for the first time with the Sisters of Notre Dame in charge. Our first school was located on the corner of Oak and Second Streets. In 1884 Calvary Cemetery was opened as an auxiliary to the original St. Anne’s Cemetery. In 1925-26 our present Church of St Anne and parish house were built and dedicated. The new St. Anne’s School and Convent were built in 1957.